Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiple split screen

Is it possible to have multiple split screens?
I work with huge spreadsheets and I constantly need to view different parts
of the spreadsheet at the same time.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to view 3-4 vertical sections (meaning, having
2-3 vertical splits).
My band aid solution is to continuously group and ungroup the sections I
need - but I realize this is not an elegant solution.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
DSK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's easy. Click Windows, Arrange, New Window. This will open a
second view (or as many as you want) of the same spreadsheet (watch the title
bar of each window and you'll see .1 or .2 behind the name). You navigate
each window independently and can copy/paste at will, across the windows.
Shut each one down when finished.

Steve in Ohio

"DSK_7" wrote:

Is it possible to have multiple split screens?
I work with huge spreadsheets and I constantly need to view different parts
of the spreadsheet at the same time.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to view 3-4 vertical sections (meaning, having
2-3 vertical splits).
My band aid solution is to continuously group and ungroup the sections I
need - but I realize this is not an elegant solution.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
DSK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Stephen.
This partially solves my viewing problem.
Reason I say partially is that unfortunately the other views don't scroll
simultaneously when I scroll down in one window, for example.
But anyway, it is an improvement to my earlier method.
Cheers,
DSK