Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import extrenal data exceeds 65536

If you have code for a file then it could relatively easily be altered to
work with a recordset, but you would have to "hand code" the database
query - not sure MSQuery can handle this itself. You don't mention the DB
being used (assuming that's where the data is from).

One question might be what you intend to do with it once it's in Excel ? -
when split over multiple sheets it's not going to be very useable.

Tim.

"Stacey" wrote in message
om...
I realize Excel has a row limitation of 64K here, and I've seen
solutions for reading a text file having 65536 rows into Excel via a
macro and adding a new sheet after the 65536th row. But I am
attempting to retrieve a result set (from MSQuery) which has more rows
than Excel allows on one sheet and would like to have Excel
auto-generate a new sheet when the result set import exceeds the
limitation. Basically I'd like to import all rows from the result set
into Excel, using multiple sheets. Does any one have any sample code
for auto generating a new sheet based on resultSet data (rather than
reading from a text file?)

Thanks,
Stacey