Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where else to look for procedure call

NOPE! Going through the names, auto_open ONLY refers to
=C:\Macro.xlw\macro!auto_open

And all other RangeNames are cells occupied with either a label or a fomrula
or a value, but nothing that seems to refer to the other file.

I'm running out of ideas. How about you?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Hold down the Shift key when you open Time.xls and you should be able to
open it.

Once it is open, go to insert=Names=Define and see if you can find a name
like auto_open. See what its refersto property is and alter as appropriate.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lulu" wrote in message
I have an Excel95 file name Time.xls. Have second file called macro.xlw
which is a single sheet named MACRO and is Excel4.0 Language.

Upon open of Time.xls, error says cannot file c:\macro.xlw\macro!auto_open
whcih is assigned to run with this file. Have searched Time.xls for call
procedure command so I can disable it. Cannot find. There is no hidden
sheet. There are no hidden cells. Nothing in XLSTART. No macros

attached
to this sheet that I can spot.

If macro.xlw is workspace, I should still be able to open file time.xls
independent of workspace, right?

If I copy sheet from Time.xls to another file, still get error. If select
occupied cells, copy and paste in new file, error does not happen. So
clearly this call command is somewhere, somehow connected to this sheet.

have run out of places I can think to look.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you mean by Nope.

That is where your error is coming from.

Move Macro.xlw to the Root directory of the C drive and when you open the
file, it should run.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lulu" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Lulu" wrote in message
[...]

That should be your answer

NOPE! Going through the names, auto_open ONLY refers to
=C:\Macro.xlw\macro!auto_open

call procedure problem stan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 17th 09 06:11 PM
can I call a procedure using a variable Santiago Gomez Excel Programming 8 December 24th 03 09:08 PM
Selective call procedure jamesa Excel Programming 2 October 2nd 03 10:04 AM
call procedure bob Excel Programming 1 August 9th 03 12:40 AM
procedure won't call John Gittins Excel Programming 0 August 5th 03 08:17 PM