Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default Using XL to grab current user's Outlook calendar item titles, dates, and durations?

I work in a team of about 30 people. We document our vacation in MS Outlook
(so folks know we are gone) and again in an Excel workbook, which adds up
all our documented hours of vacation for the whole year (including scheduled
vacation that has not yet occurred). Everyone has access to the Excel
worksheet on our network, and their own calendar in MS Outlook.

It seems to me that an easier (and more accurate) solution would be to
create a macro in the excel workbook, so that when triggered, it would go
out and check (at minimum) the individual user's vacation time and update it
in their Excel sheet.

I'm ok with using VBA inside of excel, and I can get the current user's
login ID. But....

I haven't done anything at all with Outlook, so can anyone point me in the
right direction? I'm looking for code snippets and/or keywords that I should
be looking at to have Excel VBA cycle through all of the current user's
calendar entries (for the target year) and pull the subject line, date, and
duration. I'll then parse the subject lines to look for a standardized
keyword that indicates vacation, and if I find it, put that date and
duration in the excel worksheet that corresponds to that individual.

Thanks in advance,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith

This should get you started

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ol...an_Appointment

[...]