Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Default Can anyone solve this mystery?

My toolbar includes a Preview Reports menu that attempts to mimic Excel's
Print Preview. The report opens with its own toolbar and sheet tabs hidden.
When preview is closed, the worksheets reappear with sheet tabs visible. So
far so good. Here's the mystery. Sometimes (not always), when preview is
closed and a sheet tab is clicked, the sheet tabs disappear.

Unless my program is haunted, there must be a logical explanation (though I
can't figure it out). Please help if you can. Thank you.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Same happens to me and can't figure out why.

You could use the CBOOL expression to find out from the
Workbook_SheetActivate if the tabs are displayed or Hidden and force Excel
accordingly.

If Not CBool(ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True) Then
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True
--

Hope that helps,

Phil

IT Analyst
SE1, London, UK,

http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget
philippeoget at yahoo dot com

Programming Excel: <a
href="http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget/xl/InternetLinkOrganiser.zip"
target="_blank"The Excel A2Z Project: </a
http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget/a2z/

"JK" wrote in message news:G3Lnd.1659$1B2.1508@trnddc02...
My toolbar includes a Preview Reports menu that attempts to mimic Excel's
Print Preview. The report opens with its own toolbar and sheet tabs
hidden. When preview is closed, the worksheets reappear with sheet tabs
visible. So far so good. Here's the mystery. Sometimes (not always), when
preview is closed and a sheet tab is clicked, the sheet tabs disappear.

Unless my program is haunted, there must be a logical explanation (though
I can't figure it out). Please help if you can. Thank you.

Jim Kobzeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why bother? The property returns a Boolean. From Help:

DisplayWorkbookTabs Property

True if the workbook tabs are displayed. Read/write *Boolean*

And an IF statement always returns a Boolean, TRUE or FALSE.

If ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False Then

But you could just display them in any case with

ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True