Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert comma separated string to DropDown

I have one cell which has string "jingo,bingo,tango,mango". In another
cell I want to create drop down list which has jingo, bingo etc as
separate values in the list. Also I dont want to use macros. Is it
possible to create such list just by using available excel functions
and Data Validation dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you just copy the cell contents as a single string and then paste it
into the box in the Data Validation list when you choose List. As long as your
data is comma delimited then it will appear as a vertical list with each value
separately available as a choice.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"ssuyog" wrote in message
om...
I have one cell which has string "jingo,bingo,tango,mango". In another
cell I want to create drop down list which has jingo, bingo etc as
separate values in the list. Also I dont want to use macros. Is it
possible to create such list just by using available excel functions
and Data Validation dialog box?

---