Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide my VB script?

Hi,

Can anyone please advise if it is possible to hide or lock the Vb
script in a workbook? I would like to prevent any of the code being
changed by the users of the workbook

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:40:17 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

You can password protect (right-click the project, and select Properties),
but be aware, it's about as foolproof as a combination lock.

Hi Bob,

Many thanks - I'm sure that will suffice. (It took me a while to
realise that after I had set the password I had to close the workbook
for the protection to take effect!)

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project
Properties and then the Protection tab. There, check the "Lock
project for viewing" option and assign a password. Note that
this is not very secure; there are a variety of password breakers
available on the net.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson