Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL: Find data in worksheet and create a new sheet in same workbook

Hello all this is my first time posting. I am working on an excelsheet
that has a list of stuff on it in the following format:

'Category - not an actual field on sheet

African-American Studies

'Information following - not an actual field on sheet
Book # Qty Title/Yr ISBN
15558 What Should Do 0345380452

ECT.........

Each category will vary as to how many records are under said category
each week.
The "MainWS" worksheet will have multiple categories on it with the
information in the format above.

What I want to do is have a query that will go through the "MainWS"
worksheet in the "MainWB" workbook and create a new worksheet in the
"MainWB" with all the records under each category.

Is this possible and if so could someone help me with this. I usualy do
all my record keeping in access however this must be done in excel. I am
Intermediate with VBA, but not good with excel.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!
-Peace

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL: Find data in worksheet and create a new sheet in same workb

Hi Peace,
Need a little more information. The category is not a "Field" in the sheet?
How does one know what category a book belong to with out that information?
Maybe the category is a "Header" above all books in that category?
David

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok the following is exactly as you see it in the worksheet:

Architecture & Urban Design

Book # Qty Title/Yr ISBN
21269 Francis 0774801786
23057 As You Pass By: 1995 0874804892