Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Two Quick Questions

Rob,

Thanks very much. When I substituted 'Cash = CDbl(Str1)' for 'Cash
Val(Str1)', that did the trick. ;)
At that point, Cash is the correct integer without any commas, but o
course the named cell 'PROCEEDS' is already formatted as #,###.

Query: Tom says he does not believe there are any typos in:

Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, 1)End(xlUp).Offset(-10, 1), True

However, I get a Compile error: Expected: end of statement and 'End
is highlighted. I attempted to remedy, but could not. The syntax fo
Goto is
Goto([*Reference*], [Scroll]).

Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12
Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1494

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use Val.

Around here, it's a blue moon when Tom is wrong on a point/issue - in fact,
in the months I've been here, I've never seen it.
That said, typos happen. You'll need a fullstop before the word End

"Chuckles123" wrote in message

Rob,

Thanks very much. When I substituted 'Cash = CDbl(Str1)' for 'Cash =
Val(Str1)', that did the trick. ;)
At that point, Cash is the correct integer without any commas, but of
course the named cell 'PROCEEDS' is already formatted as #,###.

Query: Tom says he does not believe there are any typos in:

Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, 1)End(xlUp).Offset(-10, 1), True

However, I get a Compile error: Expected: end of statement and 'End'
is highlighted. I attempted to remedy, but could not. The syntax for
Goto is
Goto([*Reference*], [Scroll]).

Chuckles123

--