Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default About Arrays

If I set the first element in an array equal to the value of cell A1
(say it is 5) and I later clear the contents of A1, the value of first
element in array then becomes 0 (in case array is integer)

Is there a way to make sure the Array values are left unchanged by
"actions" on the sheet?

--
hke
hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1550

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you might want to show your code. The change in the worksheet won't
change the value in the array. But it is likely that your procedure that
loads the array stops before the cell changes, and re-starting will
re-initialise the code.

Give the code and a detailed explanation .

--

HTH

RP

"hke" wrote in message

If I set the first element in an array equal to the value of cell A1
(say it is 5) and I later clear the contents of A1, the value of first
element in array then becomes 0 (in case array is integer)

Is there a way to make sure the Array values are left unchanged by
"actions" on the sheet?

--
hke
hke's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314310

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hke,

Are you actually setting the value of the array to the value of A1, or are
you setting the first of an array of objects to be cell A1?

Posting your code would help....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"hke" wrote in message

If I set the first element in an array equal to the value of cell A1
(say it is 5) and I later clear the contents of A1, the value of first
element in array then becomes 0 (in case array is integer)

Is there a way to make sure the Array values are left unchanged by
"actions" on the sheet?

--
hke
hke's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314310

Use of IF with arrays Andrew L Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 15th 08 10:15 PM
Arrays Dan Excel Worksheet Functions 3 September 15th 05 07:36 AM
using arrays in vba JulieD Excel Programming 4 August 12th 04 04:59 PM
Arrays ryan wells Excel Programming 1 June 13th 04 06:20 AM
arrays solo_razor[_44_] Excel Programming 2 December 15th 03 12:06 PM