Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CheckBox open File

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that code, but in the sheet I don't want use any checkboxe
. I am trying to make it as user friendly as possible for other user.

Lenny

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Lenny,

Rather than checkboxes, you could use a format, and put the label in
cell.
You can count them with

=COUNTIF(A:A,"a")

This is the code to maintain it

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo sub_exit
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value = "a" Then
.Value = ""
Else
.Value = "a"
.Font.Name = "Marlett"
End If
.Offset(0, 1).Select
End With
End If
sub_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Lenny_821" wrote in message

Hi all,

I've got over 20 checkboxes, which can change from month to month.

Is it possible to have the caption linked to a cell? Becasue, lets
say, if the name's have to change I can just do that in an excel
sheet.
Also, how can I check with a quick vba code which one's are "true".

What I want to do is to open those excel files which the user ha

put
the checkbox on "true".

So, if you got a solution for me, that will be great.

Lenny

--
Lenny_821

Lenny_821's Profile:

View this thread

Lenny_82
Lenny_821's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1517
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31425

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lenny,

This doesn;t use checknboxes, but it allows your user to select/deselect a
cell. You can put a caption in an adjacent cell and change it as you wanted.
You can then check if a cell is selected (=IF(A1="a", ...) and take action.

--

HTH

RP

"Lenny_821" wrote in message

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that code, but in the sheet I don't want use any checkboxes
I am trying to make it as user friendly as possible for other user.

Lenny

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Lenny,

Rather than checkboxes, you could use a format, and put the label in a

"Lenny_821" wrote in message

Hi all,

I've got over 20 checkboxes, which can change from month to month.

Is it possible to have the caption linked to a cell? Becasue, lets
say, if the name's have to change I can just do that in an excel
sheet.
Also, how can I check with a quick vba code which one's are "true".

What I want to do is to open those excel files which the user has

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314250