Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with lookup

I need to lookup a number from sheet(1) and find the ROW that number is in
column A of sheet(2)
for example 4111300 is in A2 of sheet(1). I need to know what row that
number is in col A of sheet(2)

Any ideas?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this code in vbeditor

Public Sub test()
Worksheets("sheet2").Activate
Cells.Find(what:=Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a2")) .Activate
MsgBox ActiveCell.Row

End Sub

is this what you want.

Glen Mettler wrote in message
I need to lookup a number from sheet(1) and find the ROW that number is in
column A of sheet(2)
for example 4111300 is in A2 of sheet(1). I need to know what row that
number is in col A of sheet(2)

Any ideas?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming