Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Menu Options

How can I tell if the user has selected a menu option or a popup?

I have a macro that calculates hrs distributed over time. The user can
select a menu to start the calculation or the user can double click on a
cell in a column I named "Spread" and get a form that allows them to select
the kind of spread - Increasing, Decreasing, Level etc.

I need to know if the user has selected the menu or the popup.

I tried this in the code:

MyPik = Application.CommandBars.ActionControl.Caption

This will capture the particular menu option but causes an error if no menu
option has been excecuted.

If MyPik has a value then I will execute a section of code otherwise I will
assume the user form and execute another.

Any suggestions?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Surely, the double-click can be trapped by the worksheet event, so you know
which one there, and the menu item would have an OnAction macro, so you know
which on there.

Do you knows how to code those?

--

HTH

[...]