Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fuzzy Matching

Hi

I have searched Google archive but have not found anything about searching
in Excel using "fuzzy matching". Are there any posts on this? One particular
problem is where international alphabet's differ e.g. text may include
accents on letters etc

Thanks in advance

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
'fuzzy match' leads me at least to the following thread :-)
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=8B...%40www.newsran
ger.com

with two possible links for this task

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tim Childs" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi

I have searched Google archive but have not found anything about

searching
in Excel using "fuzzy matching". Are there any posts on this? One

particular
problem is where international alphabet's differ e.g. text may

include
accents on letters etc

Thanks in advance

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

A Google archive search for "Fuzzy match" produces quite a few hits.
You can also VBA-adapt algorithms from the litterature : search for "Approximate
search matching".

Regards,

Daniel M.

"Tim Childs" wrote in message
Hi

I have searched Google archive but have not found anything about searching
in Excel using "fuzzy matching". Are there any posts on this? One particular
problem is where international alphabet's differ e.g. text may include
accents on letters etc

Thanks in advance

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

algorithms from the litterature : search for "Approximate search matching".

I meant : "approximate string matching"

But close enough probably ;-))

Regards,

Daniel M.