Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Function in a Teemplate

Hello,

I would like top implement a Function =(B*20) in column C of my template.
It does not get saved. Is it possible to implement a function in a template?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
where did you store your function and what is the exact code?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Boris Mohar" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

I would like top implement a Function =(B*20) in column C of my

template.
It does not get saved. Is it possible to implement a function in a

template?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Boris,

That should work okay.

Did you put =B1*20 in C1? =B*20 doesn't make sense as it will treat B as a
range name and try to get it's value.

--

HTH

RP

"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like top implement a Function =(B*20) in column C of my template.
It does not get saved. Is it possible to implement a function in a

template?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:53:23 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Boris,

That should work okay.

Did you put =B1*20 in C1? =B*20 doesn't make sense as it will treat B as a
range name and try to get it's value.

Yes, and it works when test it manually by entering data in any B column B.
The C column gets B values and multiplies them by 20. When I save the xlt
file and open it, I import the data the column C, it contains neither the
data nor the formula. Even when I open the saved template I do not see the
formula any more. I must admit that I am rather new at this and that the
error is probably mine. Perhaps it would help to describe what I am trying
to accomplish. I created a template into which I import a BOM for a circuit
board. Column B contains a number of (identical) parts and column C should
come up how many parts I need to by based on how many boards are being made
(20)

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:21:59 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

It sounds like the import is overwriting column C. What steps do you go
through to import it?

Data Import External Data
My data is the tab delimited BOM text. I set it up so that there is a blank
entry for column C

The only imports available are Edit Text import and Data range properties.
Others are grayed out.

I select Edit Text Import and go with the defaults. At this point data gets
imported and the column C gets overwritten with a blank. Prior to import
Column C contained all zeroes As it should because column B contained no
data.

I feel like I am really close to solving this. Someone just has to smack me
on the back of my head ;)

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:32:22 +0100, "Frank Kabel"
wrote:

Hi
where did you store your function and what is the exact code?

Frank,

See if my answers to Bob make any sense. Sorry to be such a noob.
I am willing to try anything at this point.
--

Boris Mohar