-   -   Upload file to the internet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/316725-upload-file-internet.html)

Jos Vens[_2_]

Upload file to the internet

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to let my user upload an excel-file
to my website. Each user has a specific datafile (data.xls). Now he sends
it to me and I upload it in his directory on my website, but it would be
very useful if i can give him direct access via vba to upload the file (I
can code my website-password to give him access)

Any help is appreciated!
Jos Vens

Ron de Bruin

Upload file to the internet

Hi Jos

Try something like this

Dim oBk As Workbook
Set oBk = ActiveWorkbook
oBk.SaveAs "http://www.rondebruin.com/tester.xls"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jos Vens" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to let my user upload an excel-file to my website. Each user has a specific datafile
(data.xls). Now he sends it to me and I upload it in his directory on my website, but it would be very useful if i can give him
direct access via vba to upload the file (I can code my website-password to give him access)

Any help is appreciated!
Jos Vens

Jos Vens[_2_]

Upload file to the internet

Hi Ron,

thanks for your reply but

how can I provide my password in the code (otherwise, the user will get no
access to the website)

my website is something like this:

where tpm29657 is my usercode and it has a password

the file must come in the folder
home-13.tiscali-business.nl/www/Download/Data/

Can you help me?

Jos

"Ron de Bruin" schreef in bericht

"Jos Vens" wrote in message

I would like to know if it is possible to let my user upload an
excel-file to my website. Each user has a specific datafile (data.xls).
Now he sends it to me and I upload it in his directory on my website, but
it would be very useful if i can give him direct access via vba to upload
the file (I can code my website-password to give him access)

Any help is appreciated!
Jos Vens

Ron de Bruin

Upload file to the internet

I have no luck using the password in the string but maybe it is working for you with a saveAs
"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl