Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create an add-in (xla) to load up my macro so it can be available to all users

Hi,

I'm a newbie to excel macros. I've been using the excel help file bu
I wasn't able to obtain the information I need on creating an add-in.
I was able to create a macro to load up some data into an excel an
associated this macro to a customized button on the toolbar. I hav
few questions:

1) Currently this macro can only be loaded on my machine and I woul
like to make it available to other users. I was told I can create a
xla file to load up my macro and other users can just intall this xl
file. How do I create an add-in (xla) in the excel so it will load u
my macro?

2) Based on what I need in (1), where should I place my macro? Is i
My Workbook or This Workbook?

3) What do I need to do if I only want this xla fires up under certai
condition?

Thanks!
Cha

--