Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculating days until an event

My question is....Is there a way for Excel to calculate the remaining days
until an event? I got as far as (Insert-Function-Day360) My only proble
is...is I need one date to be the current date. and the other to be what ever
date is found in the adjacent column.

For example....I need the spreadsheet to show me how many days are left
until I need to send out a notice to our clients. and I would like it to
update each day I open it. I am pretty sure you have to run a macro but I am
not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
use dATEDIF in combination with TODAY(). See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Silvababie" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
My question is....Is there a way for Excel to calculate the remaining

days
until an event? I got as far as (Insert-Function-Day360) My only

proble
is...is I need one date to be the current date. and the other to be

what ever
date is found in the adjacent column.

For example....I need the spreadsheet to show me how many days are

left
until I need to send out a notice to our clients. and I would like

it to
update each day I open it. I am pretty sure you have to run a macro

but I am
not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:20:05 -0800, "Silvababie"
wrote:

My question is....Is there a way for Excel to calculate the remaining days
until an event? I got as far as (Insert-Function-Day360) My only proble
is...is I need one date to be the current date. and the other to be what ever
date is found in the adjacent column.

For example....I need the spreadsheet to show me how many days are left
until I need to send out a notice to our clients. and I would like it to
update each day I open it. I am pretty sure you have to run a macro but I am
not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me

Assume the date of the event is stored in A1.

The number of days until that date can be represented by the formula:

=A1-TODAY()

Format the cell as General.

--ron