Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with VBA on IF Then Else

Admission of being a Novice first of all, BUT so hungry to learn! That
said, I would greatly appreciate any advise on a project I'm working
on. Having a spreadsheet that tracks multiple types of data by weeks
for the entire year. Such as Transactions, Service, etc. Currently I
copy/paste the linking formulas from the current week to the next and
then copy/paste as values the previous week. This is because the
linked files are over written each week. I would like a formula or VBA
that could do a compare or something that if called upon it would
automatically copy/paste these formulas for me instead of the manual
process in place now. Or do you think there would be a better way?
Again thank you in advance for you expertise!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeannie,

More information?

For instance, copy from where (workbook, worksheet, range), to where (same
details). How they are defined (pick the source book from an open file
dialog?, create a new workbook), etc.

You could also try to repeat those manual steps, but with the macro recorder
on. It will give you some start code, an d you could post that for
improvements, and to be made dynamic (different books etc.)

--

HTH

RP

"Jeannie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Admission of being a Novice first of all, BUT so hungry to learn! That
said, I would greatly appreciate any advise on a project I'm working
on. Having a spreadsheet that tracks multiple types of data by weeks
for the entire year. Such as Transactions, Service, etc. Currently I
copy/paste the linking formulas from the current week to the next and
then copy/paste as values the previous week. This is because the
linked files are over written each week. I would like a formula or VBA
that could do a compare or something that if called upon it would
automatically copy/paste these formulas for me instead of the manual
process in place now. Or do you think there would be a better way?
Again thank you in advance for you expertise!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is pasted within the same worksheet, just down a row. Each row
represents a weeks worth of stats, therefore, I would have 4-5 rows for
a month, then of course quarterly and YTD at the bottom of the
worksheet. So all this would take place within a single workbook
that's created each year and then populated throughout the year...for
example by copy/paste from row 2 down to row 3, then go back to row 3
and copy/paste as values.

Bob Phillips wrote:
Jeannie,

More information?

For instance, copy from where (workbook, worksheet, range), to where

(same
details). How they are defined (pick the source book from an open

file
dialog?, create a new workbook), etc.

You could also try to repeat those manual steps, but with the macro

recorder
on. It will give you some start code, an d you could post that for
improvements, and to be made dynamic (different books etc.)

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...