Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula '=IF'

I posted previously on this subject on 22 Oct, typically, my PC had a fit
which has taken some sorting out since; so here I am again!

I hope someone can help me here. I'm reasonably proficient with
Excel but this has got me beaten!

I've taken over as Treasurer to a small club and am in the process of
computerising the manual ledgers into Excel.

The format of my spreadsheet is such that Column F is for a numeric group
code, 1, 2 3 etc; and Row 5 is home to the same codes as column
sub-headers, 1 Subscriptions, 2 Collection etc. . I'd like a spreadsheet
where if I enter an amount in one of three cells then that amount is
automatically written to another cell. For example, where F14 is the code
and L5 is the sub-header, I'd like L14 to show whatever is entered into one
of H14, I14 or J14. I've got as far as '=IF(F14=L5' It all goes wrong from
then-on, my efforts from that point being rejected or not working at all !

Despite a great deal of book reading and searching the 'excel help' section
I'm at a loss! Can someone please help?

Thanks

Chris