Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Help using Max in a Vlookup function

I would like to look up the max date in a month of a list of hundreds of
records.

The following works if I just select the records in one month, the list is
sorted by date.

=VLOOKUP(MAX('Raw Data'!B3:B50),'Raw Data'!B3:C50,1)

How can I filter the max statement max (most recent date) in just September
2003?

=VLOOKUP(MAX('Raw Data'!B3:B5="September"),'Raw Data'!B3:C5,1)

Would I use Month(9) or something?? Please help

Thank you, Kerri

Extra Info
List looks like this

9/2/2003 10
9/15/2003 20
10/2/2003 10
10/31/2003 20

I want to pull the max date per month

9/15/2003
10/31/2003

--
Lynn Arlington

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
in which column is your date value

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Lynn Arlington" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I would like to look up the max date in a month of a list of hundreds

of
records.

The following works if I just select the records in one month, the

list is
sorted by date.

=VLOOKUP(MAX('Raw Data'!B3:B50),'Raw Data'!B3:C50,1)

How can I filter the max statement max (most recent date) in just

September
2003?

=VLOOKUP(MAX('Raw Data'!B3:B5="September"),'Raw Data'!B3:C5,1)

Would I use Month(9) or something?? Please help

Thank you, Kerri

Extra Info
List looks like this

9/2/2003 10
9/15/2003 20
10/2/2003 10
10/31/2003 20

I want to pull the max date per month

9/15/2003
10/31/2003

--
Lynn Arlington

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=VLOOKUP(MAX(IF(MONTH('Raw Data'!A3:A50)=9,'Raw Data'!B3:B50)),'Raw
Data'!B3:C50,1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

[...]