Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automate Excel and Navigate Worksheets

Hi Kevin and All

Thanks for your code, but can you please help me how to apply this code
because my knowledge of using VB in Excel is zero Should I
apply this code on the Excel VB editor or what?? I would be very very
appreciate if you can give me a brief step-by-step guide.....many many
thanks!! :)

Apart from the question I posted in my first thread, I would like to
provide more information about thescenario.

Kevin, yes you are right. These worksheets are linked. A new data
input on those 5 main worksheets will also effect the rest 75
worksheets. Once all worksheets have be updated mannully, all
essential data will be stored onto their My SQL database via Microsoft
Access.

Please anyone give me a brief guide to manage this problem because I am
zero to VB and Excel . Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards
Violaplayer

--
Violaplayer
Violaplayer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would put a button on each of the five main worksheets that are edited by
the users. From the menu choose View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox.

Click the button icon on the "Control Toolbox" Toolbar. then click the
location on your spreadsheet where you wish to place the button. After the
user edits the spreadsheet they should click this button. You can change the
button caption by going to the button properties page. To do this right click
the button and select "Properties". You can change the Caption and other
properties from the property page.

Next you need to add the code to the button. To do this double click the
button. The VBA editor will appear ready for you to add code to the click
event for the button.

Add the following:

Activeworkbook.save
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources, _
Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks

This should save the avtive workbook, then update all links.

Again, I am not sure this will work, but Help seems to indicate it will.

Hope that helps!

Kevin