Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem activating OLEObjects

On my Excel Worksheet I try to update ComboBoxes via
programm code.

Using the ListIndex attribute of the ComboBox does
not work - Updating is delayed until my subroutine exits.
Which is too late.

I found the possibility to call the Activate function
for all OLEObjects on the current Worksheet. The code
is simple an looks like this:

ActiveSheet.TextComboBox.value = "something"

For Each oleobj In ws.OLEObjects
oleobj.Activate
Next

This works fine for Excel 2000 and XP. But calling the
Activate function in Excel 97 causes an error:

"Die Activate-Methode des OLEObject-Objektes ist fehlerhaft."

in english, something like

"The activate Method of the OLEObject is faulty."

??? What? Why? I could not find a clue what this is supposed
to mean... I found references to an attribute TakeFocusOnClick
but I cannot find it in the OLEObject- or ComboBox-class.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Fopma