Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pinda

Hello,

I am creating a system where spreadsheets get dropped into an Inbox folder
(e.g. c:\Inbox) folder and then moved or copied to an Outbox folder (e.g.
c:\Outbox), once they have been edited and saved.

I wish to attached some code to a button that prompts the user (with a
dialogue box), to save the spreadsheet, move or copy the folder to the
outbox, and then close the file down.

I understand that this is possible using the saveas function and then the
kill function (deleting the file in the inbox), but my VBA knowledge is only
basic and I am finding it difficult to execute the code.

Could someone please help me with code, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pinda.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please try to use a more meaningful subject line. I don't think anyone will
look for your name as a subject line in the archives. Many won't bother to
even look without a meaningful subject line.

Sub editname()
Dim OldName, NewName
OldName = "OLDFILE": NewName = "NEWFILE" ' Define file names.
Name OldName As NewName ' Rename file.

OldName = "C:\MYDIR\OLDFILE": NewName = "C:\YOURDIR\NEWFILE"
Name OldName As NewName ' Move and rename file.

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software