Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating Multiple Reports, One by One, for a List of Names

Hi!

I need help to create and print multiple reports for a list of names.
have a table with a column of names; after each name is a row of value
associated with the name, and above each value are a row of heading
and a row of dates.

My goal is to take each name and its associated rows of data (values
headings, dates), and reference it in an individual, customized repor
format, print the individual report, then go to the next name down th
column of names and generate and print a second individual report
etc., etc.

Also, I would like my reports to format the rows of data as columns
not as rows. However, changing from rows to columns as I go from th
data table to the individual reports is NOT so important if it cause
too much complexity. That is, the report could have rows of data
rather than columns.

I'm a new school teacher (teaching English) trying to take a tables o
student grades for each of my classes of students, and generat
individual progress reports. I have a lot of spreadsheet experience
but my experience with Macros is limited to the generating multipl
print macros.

Thanks for any help!!

Tom

would be formatted and printed as a single report.

2.

, one name at a time.

by extracting from a table data associated with a single namefrom
table for a sequential list of names. I'm trying to set up a repor
that

1. Extracts data from a table - in this case reformatting ROWS o
headings and values as COLUMNS (to make life easier I could continue t
keep as rows)

2. Then prin

--
webermai
webermail's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1614

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

If you wish you can send me your spreadsheet, with info on how you wan
it and I'll try to help you.

Charles

--
Charle
Charles's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the headings are the same for each student, you could store the data
in one table, with student names in the first column, and values in the
subsequent columns. For example:

Name 9/15/04 9/30/04 ...
John Smith 55 72
Mary Jones 81 70

Then, create a report in Microsoft Word, with the format you want. Use
its Mail Merge feature to produce an individualized report for each
student. There's information on the Word MVP site:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site:

webermail wrote:
Hi!

I need help to create and print multiple reports for a list of names. I
have a table with a column of names; after each name is a row of values
associated with the name, and above each value are a row of headings
and a row of dates.

My goal is to take each name and its associated rows of data (values,
headings, dates), and reference it in an individual, customized report
format, print the individual report, then go to the next name down the
column of names and generate and print a second individual report,
etc., etc.

Also, I would like my reports to format the rows of data as columns,
not as rows. However, changing from rows to columns as I go from the
data table to the individual reports is NOT so important if it causes
too much complexity. That is, the report could have rows of data,
rather than columns.

I'm a new school teacher (teaching English) trying to take a tables of
student grades for each of my classes of students, and generate
individual progress reports. I have a lot of spreadsheet experience,
but my experience with Macros is limited to the generating multiple
print macros.

Thanks for any help!!

Tom

would be formatted and printed as a single report.

2.

, one name at a time.

by extracting from a table data associated with a single namefrom a
table for a sequential list of names. I'm trying to set up a report
that

1. Extracts data from a table - in this case reformatting ROWS of
headings and values as COLUMNS (to make life easier I could continue to
keep as rows)

2. Then print

--
Debra Dalgleish