Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PivotTable Columns

Is there anyway to order the columns that appear in a PivotTable?

At present, I am not building the PivotTable with code, and the column
order appears to be determined by the order in which different values
are arrived at as the table is built, moving down the Excel list. I
would like to control the order in which my columns.

Does this require code and if so could anyone give me some clues on what
object to reasearch.

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul

in my experience pivot table columns are ordered alphabetically .. however,
you can change them by
(in 2003 at least) right mouse clicking on the column title (e.g. Accounts)
and choosing Order and then move right or move end ... OR click on the first
column title (e.g. Accounts) and type over the top of it the column that you
want to see (e.g. Sales) when you press enter the columns will reorder
themselves ...

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD