Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I am seriously in trouble!!!

Hi,

Since last night my excel has gone mad!!!!

Every single data or function or anything else that i enter into one of
its cells i receive the follwing message in "MS Visual Basic" message box:

" Can't find project or library"
???!!!!

I tried to repair or even reinstall my MS excel but this problem was not
solved? Can anybody help?

Please note that this problem comes up in every new or old workbook on my
computer with or without any macros on it!!!

Please help.

Regards,
eqbal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds as though one or more libraries are missing, maybe through
uninstalling custom components. Open Excel, get past the errors, then
go into your vb editor and under Tools, References, select the
following three libraries and unselect any others that are listed.

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library
Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Library

--
crispbd
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look in Tools=Addins
Have you added an addin recently. If so, unselect it.

Look in you xlStart directory (below the directory that contains excel.exe).
Any workbooks there are loaded when excel starts.

For a quick test of whether these (addins or files in the xlStart directory)
may be the source of your problems, close excel, go to the windows =Start
menu and select the run option. In the textbox, put in

Excel.Exe /s
and click OK. This will start excel in safe mode. If the problem has gone
away, then you can start moving things out of your xlstart folder and
unchecking addins. Then you can close excel and open normally and again,
the problem should be gone. Now you can start selecting you desired addins
and see if one of them causes the problem. likewise, you open files you had
in your xlstart and see if they cause problem. By using a process like
this, you can possibly find the culprit.

Tom Ogilvy

"Eqbal Vkilzadeh" wrote in message
Hi,

Since last night my excel has gone mad!!!!

Every single data or function or anything else that i enter into one of
its cells i receive the follwing message in "MS Visual Basic" message box:

" Can't find project or library"
???!!!!

I tried to repair or even reinstall my MS excel but this problem was not
solved? Can anybody help?

Please note that this problem comes up in every new or old workbook on my
computer with or without any macros on it!!!

Please help.

Regards,
eqbal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Hi eqbal

One additional suggestion is to use system restore.

Start/Accessaries/System Tools/System Restore

If you are not familar with this just pick a date when
you computer was stable.

Good Luck
TK