Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I Open A UserForm in a Worksheet

I have am self taught and I have been using Excel for about two years
now. I'm working my way into macros and control buttons (trying to
create forms). I set up a simple contact form using a tutorial that
it turns out was incomplete (it only contained lessons 1-3 out of 5).
It did not explain how I could open this form inside a worksheet. Can
someone please offer me some help. I created the form in Excel using
the Tools/Macro/VBE followed by Insert/Userform. It contains several
labels, text fields and two command buttons"
Any advice on how open this as a useable form and on where I can find
some relevant tutorials would also be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete,

You need to create a macro to call the form (Userform1.Show). The macro can
be invoked several ways, a worksheet button, a toolbar button, or a menu.

--

HTH

RP

"Pete Woodhead" wrote in message
om...
I have am self taught and I have been using Excel for about two years
now. I'm working my way into macros and control buttons (trying to
create forms). I set up a simple contact form using a tutorial that
it turns out was incomplete (it only contained lessons 1-3 out of 5).
It did not explain how I could open this form inside a worksheet. Can
someone please offer me some help. I created the form in Excel using
the Tools/Macro/VBE followed by Insert/Userform. It contains several
labels, text fields and two command buttons"
Any advice on how open this as a useable form and on where I can find
some relevant tutorials would also be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
Thanks for your help. I put a cmd button on Sheet1 and whalah! Of
course the lesson also fell short of metioning how to get the contact
info I'm able to type into the form to appear on a worksheet, but I can
now make it appear and go away. Any further suggestions on how to get
the info from the form to a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

John Walkenbach's site:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm
Userform Tips

Peter Aiken Articles:

watch word wrap. the URL should all be one line.
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp
Part II
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ormsPartII.asp

Tom Ogilvy

"Pete Woodhead" wrote in message

Bob,
Thanks for your help. I put a cmd button on Sheet1 and whalah! Of
course the lesson also fell short of metioning how to get the contact
info I'm able to type into the form to appear on a worksheet, but I can
now make it appear and go away. Any further suggestions on how to get
the info from the form to a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
Thanks for the links. The 2nd link (XL2000) had just what I needed to
get my little "Contact List" form to work. I used the code that was
there by changing and adding the names for my links and it did just what
it was supposed to. Very cool. I'm very appreciative.

Best Wishes,
Pete Woodhead