Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Redim Preserve doesn't work

I have so code (to array) and I use REDIM Preserve to make bigger
dynamic array, VBA give me error nr 9
subscribt out of range.
What i do wrong with redim preserve?

'this is that code

For int2 = 1 To 100
If int2 = 1 Then
ReDim tbl2(1 To 1, 1 To 4)
tbl2(int3, 1) = tab1(int2, 1)
int3 = int3 + 1
Else
ReDim Preserve tbl2(1 to int3,1 to 4)
tbl2(int3, 1) = tab1(int2, 1)
int3 = int3 + 1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ReDim Preserve only works on the final dimension of the array. For example:

ReDim Preserve tbl2(1 to 4, 1 to int2)

Just reverse the dimensions.

--
John Green
Sydney

<Witek wrote in message ...
I have so code (to array) and I use REDIM Preserve to make bigger
dynamic array, VBA give me error nr 9
subscribt out of range.
What i do wrong with redim preserve?

'this is that code

For int2 = 1 To 100
If int2 = 1 Then
ReDim tbl2(1 To 1, 1 To 4)
tbl2(int3, 1) = tab1(int2, 1)
int3 = int3 + 1
Else
ReDim Preserve tbl2(1 to int3,1 to 4)
tbl2(int3, 1) = tab1(int2, 1)
int3 = int3 + 1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you any idea, How to redim more like one time array? (3, 50, 150
times? indepent of data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Preserve only works to change the right-most subscript, i.e.

Dim X(1 to 3, 1 to 10, 1 to 50)

you can change the 50 up or down, not the 3, 10, or any of the 1's.