Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RaY RaY is offline

Default Moving Target...

I think I need a way to pickup a cell reference that is entered in a cell,
for use in a formula.

Wheras, if the content of cell D5="B10" and cell B10=1, then the following
formula would result in 2
=SUM(1+(D5))

Grant it, that's not the actual formula I am using, but if anyone can make
that work, I can make my formula work!

What I have is a simple IF statment that looks to see if the "Grand Total"
for a Pivot Table resides in the same row as a logic column. If it does, I am
having it return the row number, since I know what cell it will be in. If it
is NOT in that row, then it returns a 0.

I am doing this because the spreadsheet is a report created entirely by
macros from an external data source and the "Grand Total" for the Pivot Table
will be in a different row at any given time. Because it is a "Moving Target"
and I can't figure out how to find/name the cells through a macro.

=SUM(#REF!)/(B18*B19*B20)
#REF! Needs to be the current location of the Pivot Table's Grand Total of
Column B.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

-RAY