Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Set cell background based on date.

I saw a post similar to this earlier this week. I However i was unbale to get
it to work. My question is: I am working a caladar for work. I want a certian
set of cells to be highlighted, color is unimportant, based on todays date.
So if I open the workbook today, Oct. 28th will be highlighted. Tomorrow Oct
29th will be highlighted.

Thanks for your help,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
lets say A1:30 conatins your dates values try:
- select A1:A30
- goto 'Format - Conditional Format'
- enter the formula
=A1=TODAY()
- choose your format

"Steve" wrote:

I saw a post similar to this earlier this week. I However i was unbale to get
it to work. My question is: I am working a caladar for work. I want a certian
set of cells to be highlighted, color is unimportant, based on todays date.
So if I open the workbook today, Oct. 28th will be highlighted. Tomorrow Oct
29th will be highlighted.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
Is your calendar on the sheet or form.
if sheet then conditional formating should do it
highlite the range of your dates.
Formatcontitional Formating
cell value = =today()
if your calendar is on a form, code may be your only way
to highlite with color
Regards
Frank

.