Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default counting by colour only if a cell contains a date???

Hi all,

I have this code (shown below) that counts by colour (Chip Pearsons
think) and it has worked fine, but i now only want the colour to b
counted if the cell contains a date. Can anyone help?

heres the code..............

Dim ccount As Integer
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Range("B5").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1
"=COUNTBYCOLOR(R[9]C[-1]:R[458]C[-1],38,FALSE)"
Range("B7").Select
Range("d14").Select

ccount = Range("b5")

Thanks,

Simo

--
Simon Lloy
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=670

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would need to modify Chip's code I suspect.

Tom Ogilvy

"Simon Lloyd" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have this code (shown below) that counts by colour (Chip Pearsons i
think) and it has worked fine, but i now only want the colour to be
counted if the cell contains a date. Can anyone help?

heres the code..............

Dim ccount As Integer
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Range("B5").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 =
"=COUNTBYCOLOR(R[9]C[-1]:R[458]C[-1],38,FALSE)"
Range("B7").Select
Range("d14").Select

ccount = Range("b5")

Thanks,