Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to use the lookup wizard

I have a table of 8 labels Horizontal by same 8 vertical. If in a form I
enter one of the Horizontal and one of the Vertical labels How do I get one
cell to display the intersection value of the horizontal/Vertical labels. Ex;
the table has 8 locations Hor and 8 vert. the intersection is the distance
from one to the other. If I enter in the form From: PLACE A To: Place B (50
miles)How do I write a formula that displays those 50 miles . I have tried
the lookup wizard but it seems to work only with 1 row and 1 column.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim R As Long
Dim C As Long
Dim Distance As Double

Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Range("H8:O15")
R = Application.MATCH(RowLabel,Rng.Columns(1), 0)
C = Application.MATCH(ColumnLabel, Rng.Rows(1), 0)
Distance = Rng.Cells(R, C).Value