Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DJH DJH is offline

Default Delete blank rows

I have Excel spreadsheets that are created from a double-spaced text file and
another application. Most of the resulting spreadsheet has a blank row after
each row of data. How can I create a macro to get rid of these blank rows?
Ideally, I want to start this process after a row of equal signs (=====) and
end when it gets to a row of dashes (----) as these divide the header and
footer where I prefer not to delete the blank rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would get rid of all of the blank rows. Check www.cpearson.com for code and
other solutions.

As far as separating the header and footer, you can mimic blank rows by
increasing row heights.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:35:07 -0700, djh wrote:

I have Excel spreadsheets that are created from a double-spaced text file and
another application. Most of the resulting spreadsheet has a blank row after
each row of data. How can I create a macro to get rid of these blank rows?
Ideally, I want to start this process after a row of equal signs (=====) and
end when it gets to a row of dashes (----) as these divide the header and
footer where I prefer not to delete the blank rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DJH DJH is offline

Thanks for recommending the www.cpearson site. I was able to get just what I
needed in order to delete blank rows, and it looks like this site may be
quite helpful in the future.