Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default link to cell across lan

there is a computer running a file on my network.

the file is \\laptop\documents\trap.xls
is there a way to create a link to sheet1!A1 in that file
from an excel file running in my computer at another
location on the network??

a hyperlink that will run the file on my computer is
\\Laptop\documents\trap.xls. but i only want to have an
active link to the cell fo the file running on the other
computer.

How??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

the file is \\laptop\documents\trap.xls
is there a way to create a link to sheet1!A1 in that file
from an excel file running in my computer at another
location on the network??

Do you mean such that whenever someone types something into A1, the
change automatically appears in your sheet? If so, then no, there's
nothing built in to Excel to achieve that. However, you might be able
to get it working using NetDDE, as described in:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q128491/

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel