Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default add-in?

Hi. I was trying to create a file that I could send out to a department
that would be a sort of add-in (probably a bad choice of words). Basically,
I want the receiver to double click on the file, and have it automatically
create a new menu button, and under that a custom menu item, and finally
assign a macro to the new menu item. I can do it manually, but can it be
done in code in such a way the file auto-installs the menu item? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
put this code in the workbook_open event of your addin file. This way
the code gets started then installing the addin

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Steph wrote:
Hi. I was trying to create a file that I could send out to a
department that would be a sort of add-in (probably a bad choice of
words). Basically, I want the receiver to double click on the file,
and have it automatically create a new menu button, and under that a
custom menu item, and finally assign a macro to the new menu item. I
can do it manually, but can it be done in code in such a way the file
auto-installs the menu item? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I thought you already have some code for adding menu items, etc.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Steph wrote:
Hi. I was trying to create a file that I could send out to a
department that would be a sort of add-in (probably a bad choice of
words). Basically, I want the receiver to double click on the

file,
and have it automatically create a new menu button, and under that

custom menu item, and finally assign a macro to the new menu item.
I can do it manually, but can it be done in code in such a way the
file auto-installs the menu item? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would also suggest that when closing the add-in, it removes the changes made
to the menu. Otherwise, you'll get multiple buttons/menu items, no?