Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TO TO is offline

Default Tab stops

hello All,
I would like to ensure the cursor is active in a text box
when a userform opens.

Is there also a way to loop tab stops. I would like to
use tab stops to get to a particular area of a userform
then keep the tab stops looping through the next section
only. please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
for the first question use the method
setfocus
of the desired userform element

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"TO" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello All,
I would like to ensure the cursor is active in a text box
when a userform opens.

Is there also a way to loop tab stops. I would like to
use tab stops to get to a particular area of a userform
then keep the tab stops looping through the next section
only. please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom
you're correct. No need for that.
Just my personal taste:
- I numer the tab index property starting in the upper left corner
- If I want the focus to beŽin a different starting position I use
..setfocus

:-))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"TO" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello All,
I would like to ensure the cursor is active in a text box
when a userform opens.

Is there also a way to loop tab stops. I would like to
use tab stops to get to a particular area of a userform
then keep the tab stops looping through the next section
only. please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help Frank and Tom. I am still having problem getting the
text box activated when the user form opens. If I hit the tab key the
following text box is active, but hte text box it is comming from never
becomes active when the userform is activated. Do I need to use a .activate
or something like that. I must also tell you that i have multiple frames in
the userform. Are the frames the problem? I have a tabstop on the frame and
the text box in the frame and the tab order is 0 in both.

Thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi Tom
you're correct. No need for that.
Just my personal taste:
- I numer the tab index property starting in the upper left corner
- If I want the focus to beÂŽin a different starting position I use
..setfocus

:-))

--

"TO" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hello All,
I would like to ensure the cursor is active in a text box
when a userform opens.

Is there also a way to loop tab stops. I would like to
use tab stops to get to a particular area of a userform
then keep the tab stops looping through the next section
only. please help.

IF just STOPS WORKING Gee Excel Worksheet Functions 21 August 6th 09 05:26 PM
Tab Stops / Tab Order bkester Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 22nd 05 05:37 PM
Tab Stops Summer Excel Programming 1 April 29th 04 05:37 PM
(trying again...) code stops executing Mark Kubicki Excel Programming 0 December 4th 03 02:00 PM
VBA code stops executing Mark Kubicki Excel Programming 0 December 3rd 03 06:47 PM