Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Eliminate flickering

Hi all of you,

I have an excel sheet with around 200 data points and around 10 series
plotted in charts. I have buttons on the charts to invoke userforms.
Using scrollbars the user can change some parameters and see the change
on the charts. The problem is when I use the scrollbar, the charts
flicker while being updated.
I have tried turning off and on calculation and screen updating before
and after my code but it doesn't eliminate the flicker totally,
although it is reduced.

My code for a scrollbar is hardly a few lines. I just change the
corresponding cell in the data sheet.

Private Sub hsbV_DS_Change()
'Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
'Application.ScreenUpdating = False
wsData.Range("V_DS").value = hsbV_DS.value / 100
lblV_DS.Caption = hsbV_DS.value / 100
lblError.Caption = Range("Error_status")
'Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
'Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Ram

--
routeram
routeram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10452

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

HI Routeram

You have to train your staff to blink in sequence with the flickering then
they wont notice it lol..just joking :)

I wondered could this be a hardware problem what type of system are you
using ?

Regards N10