Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetOpenFilename

Is there anyway to get the open dialog to automatically display in details
view instead of list view. I want to open the dialog through code and have
it put in this view mode without the user having to click the Views button.

Can anyone help?

Jenny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't believe there is any way to do this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jenny" wrote in message
Is there anyway to get the open dialog to automatically display
in details
view instead of list view. I want to open the dialog through
code and have
it put in this view mode without the user having to click the
Views button.

Can anyone help?

Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jenny, I believe you can do this in Windows Explorer. In Win 2000 the steps

1) Open Explorer
2) Navigate to any folder
3) Change the folder to display as you would like.
4) Select ToolsFolder OptionsView
5) At the top of the views tab select the button "Like Current Folder"

-BV