Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating a database from a questionaire

I have designed a questionaire in excel. The questionaire has identifies 49
skills and respondants have to reply in three columns, column 1 frequency,
column 2 importance, column 3 expertise. Each of these questions (columns)can
have three different responses. My problem is how to get them out of the
questionaire and into the database. At this stage I intend to move each of
the response sheets (350) into one workbook with three master sheets. The
master sheet is arranged with questions 1-49 as columns. I will then copy and
transpose each response into the master for each of the three columns. I
transpose because it is then in a column and I can use data validation to
filter based on a response and then chart the response. I have recorded two
macros, one to copy and the other to paste special\transpose.
Is there an easier way?? Unfortunately I did not design the questionaire.
regards
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you say database do you mean Excel ?

If you have recorded macros then you will almost definitely have to
edit them in order to automate the consolidation.

Tim.