Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multithread

Hi everyone,

Can Excel or VBA be configured to run in a multithreaded environment (across
a private network)?

I am pretty sure that it is not possible. I searched the news and found only
one pertinent question that was answered by Harald Staff in those terms:

"Multiuser environment and 65k + data records is what databases do very well.
You shouldn't use a spreadsheet program for this."

The application that I want to check out is used by many people across many
cities in the country. The application is accessible across Terminal
Services. The user creates a spreadsheet from an Excel template that uses a
relatively big add-in (.xla). Would it be possible to configure the
environment so that Excel uses more than one thread for the complicated
processing part of the application? Note: I am not asking to have more than
one user on a particular spreadsheet at a time.

If that may be possible, somehow, please indicate how or refer me to
pertinent articles.

If that is not possible, please just confirm so that my boss's sake.

Thank you.
--
Jac Tremblay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming