Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Preserve a range information

Hi, consider this easy statements:

-----

Dim Cell As Range

Set Cell = Workbooks("Book1").Sheets(1).Range("A1")

-----

As I understand, the variable Cell "points" to Range D7 and when I wan
to get some property from the range the Cell ask for it and return it t
me.

If the workbook is closed the variable "Cell" stops working.

Is it possible to *copy* the range to the Cell variable so the variabl
continues to live after the workbook is closed? I don't want to make
new sheet and copy the range to that, I just want to use the memory.

TIA

/Nick

--
Nick
Nicke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=293

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possible, yes...
I think it would involve taking pains to capture each property of every cell
in the range.

I would create a temporary workbook and copy the range to it. You could
close your temporary workbook and re-open when you next need the
information.

"Nicke" wrote in message

Hi, consider this easy statements:

-----

Dim Cell As Range

Set Cell = Workbooks("Book1").Sheets(1).Range("A1")

-----

As I understand, the variable Cell "points" to Range D7 and when I want
to get some property from the range the Cell ask for it and return it to
me.

If the workbook is closed the variable "Cell" stops working.

Is it possible to *copy* the range to the Cell variable so the variable
continues to live after the workbook is closed? I don't want to make a
new sheet and copy the range to that, I just want to use the memory.

TIA

/Nicke

--
Nicke