Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

Default Top 10 for each Item in column

I've been trying to do this with autofilter, but I think
now it's going to require greater thinkers than I.

I have two columns. The first is a list of country codes.
The second is amounts. There are many, many amounts and
so there are also many, many instances of country codes.
What I want to know is the top 10 highest amounts for
each country code. So if this is the list:

Country Code Amount
UK 123
US 22
FR 225
BE 101
IT 200
UK 15
UK 3
UK 112
IT 125
BE 234
BE 256
IT 751
FR 52
FR 68
FR 85
FR 885

This list goes on for about 15,000 rows. I want to find
out the top 10 highest Amount for each Country Code. How
could I do that?

tod