Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Retrieve CD TOC into EXCEL

Hi!

Does anyone have any idea how could I retrieve the TOC (table O
Content) of a CD form EXCEL directly? What I want to do, is get th
contents of a CD from freedb.org and import them into my CD database i
EXCEL. Now I have the part to retrieve the data from freedb almos
ready, but for it to be working I need to get the TOC.

I have found a VB5 and VB6 code to do that, but I do not know how t
convert that to VBA for EXCEL.

Thank you for any help,

Max_Lame
Max_Lamer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1541
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27022

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Max

You just want a list of what files are on the CD, right?

Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull directly to
Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering and
sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:20:40 -0500, Max_Lamer
wrote:

Hi!

Does anyone have any idea how could I retrieve the TOC (table OF
Content) of a CD form EXCEL directly? What I want to do, is get the
contents of a CD from freedb.org and import them into my CD database in
EXCEL. Now I have the part to retrieve the data from freedb almost
ready, but for it to be working I need to get the TOC.

I have found a VB5 and VB6 code to do that, but I do not know how to
convert that to VBA for EXCEL.

Thank you for any help,

G.