Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default if cell is hidden

how do i check in a macro whether a given cell is hidden?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

WM

I believe the ColumnWidth property will be zero if it's hidden

If Range("A1").ColumnWidth = 0 Then

You could also check that either the row or column for that range were
hidden

Range("A1").EntireRow.Hidden Or Range("a1").EntireColumn.Hidden

but I can't think why ColumnWidth wouldn't work, so I'd probably use that
one.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel