Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passing variant arrays to C/C++ dll's

Hi All

I wrote a very generic function that I use extensively in my wor
here!

An Excel range is passed to this custom VBA function of mine. I rea
this whole range first in to a variant variable (as suggested b
Charles on this forum) then read this variant variable and load a
array with a subset of the contents of this variant variable. Th
function works ok with reasonable speed. I have no complaints with thi
but I am apprehensive about making it globally available in m
organisation because I feel that as the search range become
increasingly large and as the function may get called quit
frequently, the recalculation times may become unpalatable. (I hav
checked with a range of 4000 rows and 30 columns - and it seems to wor
reasonably quickly).

I am looking at ways to speed up the process and was wondering that i
I could pass the array (now containing the subset of the contents o
the variant variable) to a C or C++ dll. I am not particularly familia
with programming in Visual C++ but am reasonably comfortable wit
programming in C.

Can someone adivse/refer/guide me as how do I pass this whole arra
(this array will contain data of any data type - hence contain varian
data type data) to a C function that I would like to use purely to us
the processing speed of C. Alternatively, how can I pass this varian
array to a Visual C++ dll function.

Any assistance would be highly valued.

Best regards

Deepak Agarwa