Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Please

OK, I got it to work sorta. I have a ton of data i've already entere
by hand and i dont' want to lose it so i cut the existing cost data an
threw it on another tab. I put in your formula on a larger range tha
my existing data and then pasted my data back in. On my test sheet th
formula works fine if the formula is in every cell except the firs
occurence of the model but if i have manually entered data stop
autofilling reoccurrences, do i need a phantom hidden E4 cell o
something to maintain continuity?

Thanks for the help Gents. :)

Cheers,
Dave Corve

--
cynder7
cynder77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1537

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let's say I entered the formula for the first time in row 200

=if(E200="","",vlookup(E200,$E$3:G199,3,False))
then drag fill down the column.

You adjust the formula so your fixed start location is $E$3 and your ending
location is column G of the preceding row.

Tom Ogilvy

"cynder77" wrote in message

OK, I got it to work sorta. I have a ton of data i've already entered
by hand and i dont' want to lose it so i cut the existing cost data and
threw it on another tab. I put in your formula on a larger range than
my existing data and then pasted my data back in. On my test sheet the
formula works fine if the formula is in every cell except the first
occurence of the model but if i have manually entered data stops
autofilling reoccurrences, do i need a phantom hidden E4 cell or
something to maintain continuity?

Thanks for the help Gents. :)

Cheers,
Dave Corvec