Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sumproduct or countif

Is there a way to use the sumproduct function to get the same result as the
following: countif (range, "*text*")

I'm using the sumproduct to do a count based on 2 criteria being true in 2
separate columns, but I can't guarantee that the text I';m looking for (BDS)
will always be at the beginning of the text string of the second column. It
may be in the middle, at the end, or the beginning.

Would really appreciate any help anyone (Frank , maybe?) could offer. Thanks.