Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tjh tjh is offline

Default Excel-Access OLE Error

Hello,

I have various Excel VBA macros which run queries, macros and forms from an
Access database in the background. After completing, the Excel VBA pulls data
created in Access back into Excel. Every once in awhile, I will get an error
message stating that "Microsoft Excel is waiting for an OLE application to
complete." The Excel macro will either never finish or take an extremely long
time to finish, and if I stop the macro from running and pull up my task
manager it shows Access still running. This only happens occaisionally,
normally the macros run fine in just 15 - 30 seconds. It seems to happen
most, when the macro is run continuously back to back several times or when
the user is requesting larger ranges of data from the Access form. Any help
on this problem and how to speed up the process would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!