Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Document a .xla file

Hi everyone,

I have an addin that contains over 20 modules and about 24000 lines of code.
I would like to document it with Rob Bovey's Code Documentor but I can't
because there is no Excel workbook open.

How can I convert this .XLA to a .XLS so I can run the application?

Thany for your help.
--
Jac Tremblay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change the IsAddin property of the ThisWorkbook module to False.

--
Regards

Juan Pablo González

"Jac Tremblay" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have an addin that contains over 20 modules and about 24000 lines of

code.
I would like to document it with Rob Bovey's Code Documentor but I can't
because there is no Excel workbook open.

How can I convert this .XLA to a .XLS so I can run the application?

Thany for your help.
--
Jac Tremblay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for our help, Juan Pablo. I really appreciate it.

"Juan Pablo González" wrote:

While in the VBE, press Ctrl R to show the Project Explorer. In there,
browse to your xla, and then select the "ThisWorkbook" module. When you
have it selected, press F4 to display the properties. In there you'll see a
list of the properties available. Change the 'IsAddin' from True to False.

--
Regards

Juan Pablo González

"Jac Tremblay" wrote in message
Hi Juan,

How do I access this property and how do I change it?

Thank you for your concern.

"Juan Pablo González" wrote:

Change the IsAddin property of the ThisWorkbook module to False.

--
Regards

Juan Pablo González

"Jac Tremblay" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have an addin that contains over 20 modules and about 24000 lines of
code.
I would like to document it with Rob Bovey's Code Documentor but I

can't
because there is no Excel workbook open.

How can I convert this .XLA to a .XLS so I can run the application?

Thany for your help.
--
Jac Tremblay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to Add to this..... don't forget to set it back to True and sav
it.
Save this while in the VBA Editor. ie. File save... or use the sav
icon

--
Ivan F Moal

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26970

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good point. Thank you Ivan.

"Ivan F Moala" wrote:

Just to Add to this..... don't forget to set it back to True and save
it.
Save this while in the VBA Editor. ie. File save... or use the save
icon.

--
Ivan F Moala

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1954